[Ffmpeg-devel] THP decoder

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu Apr 5 09:30:12 CEST 2007

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:46:51PM +0400, Kislyakov Maxim wrote:
>> +static int thp_probe(AVProbeData *p)
>> +{
>
> Dunno if anybody cares about this, but we usually have the opening brace
> on the same line, not on a line of its own, same for else.  But as I
> said, no idea if people really care.

Not for functions.  The Linux kernel coding style document has this to
say on that topic:

However, there is one special case, namely functions: they have the
opening brace at the beginning of the next line, thus:

	int function(int x)
	{
		body of function
	}

Heretic people all over the world have claimed that this inconsistency
is ...  well ...  inconsistent, but all right-thinking people know that
(a) K&R are _right_ and (b) K&R are right.  Besides, functions are
special anyway (you can't nest them in C).

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com