[Ffmpeg-devel] channel ordering and downmixing
Thu Apr 5 10:47:56 CEST 2007
Justin Ruggles wrote:
> I need some advice on a channel ordering and downmixing framework. I've
> been trying to figure out the best solution for a while and keep running
> into road blocks.
After spending too much time just pondering different ideas, I decided
to give it a go and try one out.
The attached patch isn't really meant to be a working patch, but more of
a conceptual sketch of a basic design. I want to get ideas and comments
before taking the time to implement it in full.
The general concept is:
- add an AVChannelLayout struct to AVCodecContext
- have the muxer set its preferred channel layout in read_header()
- have the decoder override the channel layout if it wants to
- user-level API: av_channel_mix_init(), av_channel_mix(),
- the encoder can set the channel layout in encode_init or just set the
number of channels and set the mask to CHANNEL_MASK_NONE to let the
- if avctx->channel_layout.mask is CHANNEL_MASK_NONE, the muxer should
set the channel layout
Any suggestions/critiques would be great. :)
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the ffmpeg-devel