[Ffmpeg-devel] [bug] raw.c link failure on ff_ac3_parse_header

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Apr 9 17:34:16 CEST 2007

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 10:35:40AM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 09:21 +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 11:31:34PM -0500, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> > > It seems to me that putting ac3.o in the OBJS list in the libavcodec
> > > Makefile would solve this.  Would this be an ok thing to do?
> >
> > No.  The report remains incomplete and the problem unreproducible.
>
> The problem seems clear: libavformat/raw.c unconditionally compiles a
> call to ff_ac3_parse_header, but that function itself is not compiled
> unconditionally.

Attached is a patch that fixes the issue and makes ff_ac3_parse_header
conditional to CONFIG_AC3_PARSER, which I believe is the correct
solution.  Is it necessary to #ifdef ff_ac3_parse header in ac3.h as
well?

Diego