[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] RGB48 support

Ivo ivop
Mon Apr 9 20:16:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

I started working on RGB48 support (i.e. RGB with 16-bits per component).
Before I go any further, I would like to know if I am on the right track
with the changes I made. Did I forget something important?

A few notes/questions:
* If my current approach is right, I will add all (now) missing rgb<n>to48
and vice versa so the rgb2Wrapper will always work.
* The changes I made to imgconvert are necessary because ffmpeg (indirectly)
relies on several avpicture_* functions.
* I noticed that if I disable swscaler and feed rgb48 data to imgconvert,
ffmpeg goes mental (enormous amounts of swapping/trashing). How can I avoid
that without implementing converters for imgconvert?
* Currently, swscaler warns about yuv2rgb not supporting 48bpp even if I
convert from rgb to rgb. I suppose adding yuv2rgb48 (and possible vice
versa) will resolve that.

Any comments?

--Ivo