[Ffmpeg-devel] Analog video grabbing chipsets

Alex Beregszaszi alex
Sat Apr 14 21:22:21 CEST 2007

Hi,

I need to digitalize old family videos, which are 10-15 years old and
recorded on VHS-C.

My question would be what chipset/cards would the folks here use for
this work.

Michael, I remember you had done some patches regarding better chroma
for BT8x8 chipsets. What was the real issue? Do they finally merged it?

Actually I would prefer an USB2 capable chip, as for the most time I am
using a notebook. But if there are no good USB2 grabbing cards, a PCI
one would be ok aswell.

Any comments and ideas welcome. Even grabbing setting tips :)

--
Alex Beregszaszi