[Ffmpeg-devel] [PATCH] mjpeg cleanup and again interlaced fix

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sun Apr 15 02:35:33 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 06:34:04PM +0200, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> [...]
>>> [...]
>>>>>> If you honestly think Im throwing garbage at you, then Im sorry
>>>>>> because you have no idea about how much time I spend verifying cosmetics
>>>>>> with svn diff, and taking care of explaining, now you never understand,
>>>>>> what can I do ? Spend more time ? Well Im also doing a lot of things.
>>>>> i dont know how much time you spend looking for cosmetics, what i know is
>>>>> there are still cosmetics in the 3rd patch, also i dont know how much time
>>>>> you spend explaining, fact is i dont understand the 3rd patch with the
>>>>> comments, and you did point to the ODML spec and complain about my questions
>>>>> being agressive instead of awsnering them
>>>> If you don't know specs, you are not very well placed to maintain the
>>>> code IMHO.
>>> knowing the specs doesnt tell me the reasons behind your patch ...
>>> [...]
>>>> Because Im a MAINTAINER, and because Im being active, it's all about
>>>> meritocracy.
>>> i prefer democracy but thats off topic
>> Nice, I think you are applying a tyranny here and I bet Im not the only
>> one thinking that.
>> Even when you get remarks you ignore them (broke --enable-debug with
>> h264), alloc_codec_context2, and I did complain and wanted a per codec
>> design, you still applied it. You deprecate things AT WILL without
>> asking anybody else. You choose to switch API at will without asking
>> other developpers. Are you calling that democracy ? Commiting and then
>> waiting for someone to disagree is not democracy.
> if you so deeply disagree with absolutely everything anyone does here

Absolutely not, I disagree with some points I already mentioned.

> why dont you fork?

Give me some time.

> its not something i want but it might be the lesser evil considering the
> time i waste in these disscussions with you

Well if you don't want it at least say it, or make something in favor of
it, I mention problems in general directions (deprecated API, bugs) for
discussing and trying to improve things. I wouldn't even talk if this
wasn't worth it and you know that.

> now if the disscussion would lead to anything, that would be different but
> they dont, i point at problems in your patches and ask questions you
> flame instead of awnsering or correcting the problems ...

I point at problems and you don't even answer to them nor justify
yourself, you just ignore them. I don't think this is a good behaviour
as a project leader, now I admit that you spend much time on ffmpeg and
you do a great job.

> its entirely your right to not fix problems or awnser questions but then
> please accept that the patches wont be applied and also accept that noone
> else will spend his time fixing your favorite bug

No, maintainer MUST spend some time fixing bugs in code he maintains,
fixing bugs is a PRIORITY. If he doesn't like the patch, he is free to
fix it in a better way.

Baptiste COUDURIER                              GnuPG Key Id: 0x5C1ABAAA
SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Key fingerprint                 8D77134D20CC9220201FC5DB0AC9325C5C1ABAAA
Phone: +33 1 49966312

More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list