[Ffmpeg-devel] flames

Stefan de Konink skinkie
Sun Apr 15 22:27:22 CEST 2007

Rich Felker schreef:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 11:07:59PM +0300, Ismail D?nmez wrote:
>> Well imho also regressions are worrisome, recently (at least for me) frame
>> rate detection and also audio bitrate detection got worse. Fixing regressions
>> would be a priority. On the other hand a fork might just make the whole
>> situation worse (unlike X.org fork from XFree86 where all-1 developers were
>> involved in the fork which is not the case here).
> The last thing a fork would do is fix regressions, I suspect... If
> there are regressions, they need to be fixed, and people (Michael
> included) need to be more careful about committing code without
> thinking about it thoroughly and understanding it.

Wouldn't a branch like named: 'incoming' not fix the mailinglist
patches, and 'other users opinions' ones and for all?

If this specific branch was there to show the code is useful and used or
to 'not forget the code exists'. ffmpeg-trunk can be clean, pretty, fast
(the way it should be) and incoming can be ugly.

When a person wants to incorporate 'incoming' in 'trunk' it needs to go
trough the approval process. But then it is known that the functionality

Version: GnuPG v2.0.3 (GNU/Linux)