[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Creating releases

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm
Sun Apr 15 22:38:43 CEST 2007

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 09:34:35PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> The problem is that doing releases is work and work that few or none
> of the people working on FFmpeg feel motivated to do.  Releases also
> tend to generate the expectation to be supported with bug fixes.  I
> think the motivation to support releases is low as well.
>
> That said, I would personally welcome releases, especially if somebody
> volunteers to do the work.

I would say let's try it for a couple releases and see whether it
improved things or not. If releases work out to not be worth while
we can phase them out again.

> Do you have a timeframe for when you wish to do a release?

I'm currently packaging a fresh ffmpeg checkout and am fighting with
the x86_64 junk `(%rip)' issues. Once I get a grip on it and know it's
a good cut that could make a nice release candidate.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net