[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Creating releases

Daniel Kristjansson kristja
Sun Apr 15 18:11:24 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 14:14 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> But I'm after a bigger picture here, including not only the Red Hat
> family, but also other distros and finally also other projects that
> keep a local copy of their "locally released" ffmpeg.

Axel, I wouldn't mind doing a monthly ffmpeg sync in MythTV if
you sent me a quick monthly e-mail with a revision to sync to.
We do a sync in MythTV every two months or so, or whenever a
major bug that has been reported to us is fixed in ffmpeg HEAD.
Our version has it's own bugs, but if a few different distros
were using a similar snapshot it would be more likely that I
could find any reported bugs against MythTV's ffmpeg in a google
search, leaving me more time for coding...

-- Daniel