[Ffmpeg-devel] Some errors while linking an application with ffmpeg libraries

Justin Ruggles justinruggles
Fri Apr 20 04:05:53 CEST 2007

Sibnath GHOSH wrote:
> Also in libavcodec/parser.c, I had to put #include "ac3tab.h".
> Otherwise it was not able to find ff_ac3_channels, ff_ac3_freqs,
> ff_ac3_frame_sizes definitions, inspite including all the header files
> in the directory.

This problem should only occur if the AC3 encoder is disabled, but the
AC3 parser is enabled.  That said, it should still be fixed.  The only
file which currently includes ac3tab.h is ac3.c.  If it's included by
parser.c as well, does gcc factor them out or duplicate the tables in
the final lib?  I'm no expert on linking...

An alternative that comes to mind is to move those 3 tables from
ac3tab.h to ac3.h.  I don't particularly like that though.

-Justin