[Ffmpeg-devel] problem decoding frames when first frame is B

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri Apr 20 20:48:02 CEST 2007

"rkmr.em at gmail.com" <rkmr.em at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
> I have a valid MPEG-2 video stream in which the first two frames are
> B-frames. ffmpeg is not able to decode those two frames:
>
>                        avcodec_decode_video( m_vDec, m_decodedPicture,
> &got_picture, (uint8_t*) samplePtr, sampleLength );
>
> got_picture is 0 for the first two frames. Is this a know problem?

Upload a sample, please.

Do you mean that the first frame is a B-frame with only intra coded
blocks, or that the first frames in display order are B-frames
predicted against a following (display order) I-frame, which is the
first coded frame?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com