[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] no video transcoding

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Apr 23 12:33:59 CEST 2007

Hi

to comment a little more on this as it seem to be a popular bug ;)

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 08:13:37AM -0000, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
[...]
> Ok that's probably true -- although I maintain the patch is correct,

no it is not, cur_dts was approximately correct before and completely
wrong after the patch

> and the problem is just as well "caused" by your own change to
> libavformat/utils.c:

> r8452 | michael | 2007-03-20 14:01:39 +0100 (Tue, 20 Mar 2007) | 2 lines
>
> i think this is more correct

no this is not the problem, it just properly sets the cur_dts to
AV_NOPTS_VALUE instead of 0 which was wrong

> With both patches (i.e. in current svn) we lose all the cur_dts values
> after av_find_stream_info(), so if the first packets don't contain
> timestamps, we are in trouble generating any.
>
> Baptiste, does the appended patch fix your case?

ping

> It just remebers the first valid dts encountered
> and restores them after av_find_stream_info().
> (I have posted it before but only now regression-tested it..)

this patch is a mess, and is rejected

passing the cur_dts through 5 functions so that they then somewhere
in a deeply nested one get restored is not acceptable, even less so
without ANY documentation of these new parameters

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates