[FFmpeg-devel] mms:// protocol support

Raymond Walsh raymond
Thu Aug 2 18:40:59 CEST 2007

Ronald

I've added native_mms.c to my local copy of libavformat, but clearly
I am missing something (or doing something wrong).

Compiles and links fine, after I created "ff_asf_reset_header" inside
asf.c/.h

I feed in "http://mfile.akamai.com/14118/wm2... et cetera" into
av_open_input_file
asx_probe successfully matches (and returns AVPROBE_SCORE_MAX)
libavformat/util.c:382 calls ic->iformat->read_header and promply
access faults.
-- read_header is 0

I see the AVInputFormat declared with NULL for all proc pointers
(excepting probe)
I see an uncalled asx_open (which parses out the mms url, and even
opens it, but I don't see anyone calling this)

Have I missed another .c file somewhere, or is native_mms.c the bulk
of this patch?

Also, if this type of email would be best off of the mailing list,
please let me know & we can email directly.

Sincerely
Raymond Walsh