[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] use get_unary in multiple places

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Aug 9 04:18:31 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 01:15:29AM +0200, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the following patches make use of get_unary at all possible places I
> found.
>
> Patches in order:
>
> 1, alac: use get_unary where appropriate.
>
> 2, add support for unlimited length in get_unary. I don't know what is
> the best way, I choose to test for != len and simple use len=-1 for this
> special case.
>
> 3, rest of the places use unlimited length

please benchmark every codec in which you change speed crtical code
to use the possibly slow get_unary()

[...]
> -
>          if (x > 8) { /* RICE THRESHOLD */

also please remove the cosmetic changes

PS: dont commit any further code to files you dont maintain without
first getting approval from the respective maintainer

When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your
own failings. Then you will forget your anger. -- Epictetus