[FFmpeg-devel] Bug decoding multiple png images

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Fri Aug 10 21:56:01 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 21:26 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 05:39:41PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > I noticed a crash when using mf:// in MPlayer with png images. The
> > reason seems to be that when the images have different properties FFmpeg
> > does not update image buffer properties such as linesize which leads to

> fixed the buffer overflow for ffmpeg/ffplay, though ive not checked if this
> fixes mplayer

It doesn't crash any more, but there still seem to be some kind of
incorrect dependencies between images. In my test set later images
looked like they had half the correct width and black on the right side.

JPEG has similar issues. I got a NULL pointer crash. On mjpegdec.c line
701 idct_put is called with first argument NULL.
nb_components = 3
i = 2
s->comp_index = {0, 1, 2, 0}
s->picture.data = {0xb646a040, 0x896a030, 0, 0}

This picture also decodes fine individually.