[FFmpeg-devel] MPEG Video support in RTP

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Aug 22 13:22:11 CEST 2007

Hi all,

ok, I have a patch for fixing the RTP packetization code for mpeg video.
It seems to work well (I tested it by receiving the video stream with
vlc), so I intend to submit it soon.

Of course I will split it in small patches, so since I've been asked to
move the codec-specific RTP code out of rtp.c I have some questions
about how to proceed:
- Should this move of codec-dependent code be done as a first step?
- If yes, should I create a new rtp_mpv.c file and move
rtp_send_mpegvideo() into it? (creating a file for a single function
seems overkilling)
- Then, can I create rtp_mpv.h and include it in rtp.c, or is a more
complex method (similar to the one used for parsing dynamic protocols)
required?

			Thanks,
				Luca