[FFmpeg-devel] List question

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Aug 25 13:16:35 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 11:12:39PM -0700, Michel Lespinasse wrote:
> My occasional emails to the list always take for-e-ver to get posted,
> is there a manual moderation step or something ?

no, unless mails are several hundread kb large or otherwise get tagged as
spam or the post is from a non subscriber

[...]
        by b.mx.sylon.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id C6E7E481CC
        for <ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu>; Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:12:40 +0200 (CEST)
[...]

the headers above which are from this mail though look suspicious in 2 ways

first for some reason b.mx.sylon.net gets used instead of natsuki.mplayerhq.hu
like with mails from other people (both are MX of mplayerhq.hu and
b.mx.sylon.net is AFAIK the backup mx)

the second oddity is the X-Greylist stuff also not in posts from other people
though its not in all mails from you either though they all seems delayed so
i would guess its unrelated ...

so as far as i can see the problem is that b.mx.sylon.net gets selected
instead of natsuki and that b.mx.sylon.net sits on the mail for hours ...
now i dont know the RFCs well enough ;) to say if selecting the second
mx is ok or not but either way i think b.mx.sylon.net shouldnt sit on the
mail for hours

iam CCing this to our roots, who are in a better position to deal with this

> <trolling>
> Seriously, things were faster over at sourceforge...
> </trolling>

if your days have 2-4 hours then yes the 1-2 day delay from SF was
shorter

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus