[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] native MMS as URLProtocol

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Aug 28 16:12:54 CEST 2007

Bj?rn Axelsson wrote:
> Another unsolved interface issue is pausing. Since MMS (and also RTSP)
> pauses at the server end, an application must not try to read data from
> a paused stream. Not a big deal, but there's no way for an application
> to know whether it is safe or not to read when paused. See the temporary
> hack to ffplay.c for how to _not_ solve this...

Well you have to send the pause command AND quit decoding at the same
time, once you issue a new play you just start from that point (nearest
I frame) as you don't have any context (so you reset the decoders),
what's the problem? (consider return from pause a seek).

> The final(?) interface issue is stream selection. For now, I just hacked
> in a way to pass an AVFormatContext to the protocol which then reads the
> AVDiscard values from there. This must be done efter open, but before
> the first read past the header (or play() call). (In MMS, we are given
> the header for free, but have to select streams before we can receive
> any non-header data.)

select all of them if isn't otherwised specified?

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC