[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] native MMS as URLProtocol

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Aug 28 17:04:12 CEST 2007

Bj?rn Axelsson wrote:

> I don't know the details of the RTSP implementation, but perhaps it is
> more or less trivial to change it into a protocol too?

Probably, RTSP is plainly a control protocol and you use it just for it,
then you get to have an rtp demuxer configured by the initial data you
get from SDP... (so you have RTSP,SDP and RTP to play somehow together,
not exactly easy to be done in a generic way (and that's one of the
reasons why I'm keeping feng and libnemesi alive))

lu - getting a saner network streaming protocol would be a solution...

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero