[FFmpeg-devel] Regarding Video Acceleration API

Attila Kinali attila
Wed Aug 29 14:45:11 CEST 2007

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:28:00 +0200
"Benjamin Zores" <ben at geexbox.org> wrote:

> However, this API is only useful if decoders can make use of it and
> all are actually FFMPEG-based, hence the needed support. I guess it'd
> be interesting that someone from FFMPEG with enough knowledge in this
> area may participate with Intel in VA-API specifications at least,
> otherwise, I fear we'll end up with either a broken, unusable API,
> which would be a shame, especially as FFMPEG will probably be one of
> the only library to directly make use of it.

Although i know very little of FFmpegs inner working, i would
like to participate anyways as i plan to do some video acceleration
stuff for OGP. But unfortunately my available free time these
days fluctuates a lot, so i cannot say how much help i would be.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred