[FFmpeg-devel] mpegvideo_parser outputs incomplete frames [with rough patch]

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Aug 30 00:11:39 CEST 2007

Hi

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:44:56PM -0000, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > its not the parsers job to drop damaged frames,
>
> Ok, that makes sense.
>
> > for the stream copy case the initial truncated frame should be droped
> > in the application doing the stream copy
>
> I'd like to do this for ffmpeg.c but how can I detect this situation?
> IMHO, the parser should not signal that all is well by filling in
> s->pict_type = FF_I_TYPE;
> for that first frame.
> Maybe we could add FF_UNKNOWN_TYPE like in my wrong :-) patch
> and then drop such frames in ffmpeg.c?

yes, also note this possibly doesnt need changes to ffmpeg.c as it
already should drop non key frames before the first keyframe for
stream copy

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf