[FFmpeg-devel] VP5 interlaced mode, any hints?

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sat Dec 1 01:03:41 CET 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:22:13 +0100
Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 12:09:24AM +0100, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > > this is a sample for the VP5 interlaced mode:
> > > http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/VP5/vp5_interlace.avi
> > > does someone have any hints what is needed to make it play right?
> > > I creates the typical artefacts that appear when you either use the
> > > wrong IDCT or use it on the wrong data...
> >
> > I started implementing "interlaced" vp6 decoding some times ago.
> > I never finished it, but I think the code is almost OK.
> > At least bitstream parsing should be OK (even for vp5).
> > Unfortunately it don't produce much better result with your
> > vp5 file.
> > (see attached patch)
>
> Do you have a (mostly) working sample file, preferable vp5?

IIRC, your sample is the first interlaced VP5 file I encounter.
But, still IIRC, the following VP6 sample use interlacing and
is mostly working:
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/VP6/vid.avi

Aurel