[FFmpeg-devel] VP5 interlaced mode, any hints?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Dec 3 15:42:10 CET 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 02:09:44PM +0100, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
[...]
> Indeed, it's supposed to be a network protocol. Maybe it could be
> implemented as a URLProtocol.
> But on the other hand, it's also used directly in some files.

That is because it looks like normal http and people used their browser
to download the files. I'm neither sure that they could be played by
anything originally and even if, if that was intentional.

> And it seems to be used only for NSV. So writting a more generic
> URLProtocol or something wouldn't be much more useful than
> de-warping inside the NSV demuxer. This also won't incite people
> to use this ugly wrapping with anything else than NSV.

I thought someone was using it on some mp3s, but I admit even if that
really was the case they would probably be using shoutcast these days.

> > On the other hand that makes it hard to actually make use of the
> > metadata later on...
>
> This is one more good reason to keep de-warping inside the NSV demuxer.
>
> IOW: keep the hack as close as possible to what needs a hack.
>
> Anyone against my patch ?

I'm not against it, I'm just split between your reasoning of keeping the
hack confined and making it less a hack by putting it somewhere else ;-)

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger