[FFmpeg-devel] AAC decoder progress

Andreas Öman andreas
Mon Dec 3 17:06:17 CET 2007

Hi

I've cleaned up the AAC decoder to include just the AAC-LC parts.
This is not committed anywhere yet.

I initially intended to halt the AAC development until the "new audio
api" would be finished. However, there seems to be much interest
in getting the AAC decoder in place ASAP. Also, i feel that i'm bashing
my head against the wall in the audio-api-question.

Now, this will obviously lead to some of the typical multi-channel-codec
code duplication (downmix, interleaving, etc).

So i'm asking (especially to you Michael :-)

Is it ok to submit the code anyway?