[FFmpeg-devel] Cropping Any Color Format

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Dec 4 09:24:02 CET 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 08:52:17PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I needed to be able to arbitrarily crop an RGB image. It turns out that
> imgconvert.c:av_picture_crop() only crops planar YUV formats (returns an
> error if !is_yuv_planar). Would it be welcome to send a patch to support
> more pixel formats? At the very least, I made it work with RGB565 data.

if its clean its welcome

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras