[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] OS support library

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Dec 4 17:38:22 CET 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 07:40:35PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 10:37:27PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > Any other ideas how to get a filedescriptor without needing a file?
>
> pipe(2)

Yes, that is what I meant by "socket", sorry for the confusion.
And it was a stupid idea anyway since xvid needs a filename...
Using a file in /dev/shm might by provide a slight improvement but it
really seems like any proper solution will have to involve a patch to
xvid - and I have no interest in going that far.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger