[FFmpeg-devel] Problem building shared libraries using svn-r11100+ on x86_64

Nicolas George nicolas.george
Wed Dec 5 15:25:10 CET 2007

Le quartidi 14 frimaire, an CCXVI, Michael Niedermayer a ?crit?:
> being able to overload a specific function has never been supported nor should
> it have been, it just worked on some, maybe all ELF based systems with PIC
> shared libs and gcc
>
> try intels cc it can IIRC inline global functions -> no more ovrrideability
>
> also -Bsymbolic makes the code smaller, faster and more secure each of them
> alone is reason enough to use it
> so even if the code gets fixed differently we should keep -Bsymbolic
>
> actually i consider it a bug in the linker that -Bsymbolic isnt default

I had the impression that the change to -Bsymbolic was a quick fix for the
recent build problem. Obviously, this is not so, this was a change wanted
for itself; I must have missed the discussion about it. I apologize for the
noise.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George