[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] OS support library

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Dec 5 18:47:46 CET 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 04:47:44PM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi V?ctor,
>
> V?ctor Paesa wrote:
> [...]
> >> I moved lrintf() replacement to libossupport, and now I am trying to
> >> test the resulting libs... Does anyone know a system that does not
> >> provide lrintf()? I think cygwin can be used for such testing?
> >> Does anyone know how to cross-compile from linux to cygwin (or a
> >> system that does not provide lrintf())?
> >
> > Cygwin has lrintf(), though it lacks llrintf().
>
> Ah, ok. I must have confused lrintf() and llrintf() (BTW, how do we handle
> the lack or llrintf()? If there is some workaround, can it be moved to
> libossupport?)

(int64_t)rint(x) might be good enough (and is simple ...)

> > Wasn't some xxBSD the one lacking lrintf()?
>
> So, I guess my question becomes: does anyone know how to cross compile
> >from linux to BSD?

i think old cygwin where lacking lrintf() as well but i might be wrong ...

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch