[FFmpeg-devel] Bug - MP3 Issues

elupus elupus
Wed Dec 5 22:36:23 CET 2007

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 18:29:46 -0600, Brian Brice wrote:

> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> [3 quoted lines suppressed]
>
> The loss of time in this case (next should be 6952 but is 6892) is when
> the next audio chunk in the AVI file comes about.  Somehow, the parser's
> generation of PTS values got ahead of what the AVI demux would return.
>
> I did try AVSTREAM_PARSE_FULL and AVSTREAM_PARSE_NONE, but just didn't
> work unfortunately. :-(

The issue looks very similar to what happend before
AVSTREAM_PARSE_TIMESTAMPS was added when decoding ac3 in avi. Looks like
the bitrate based timestamp correction isn't being applied properly.

Could you post the output pts/dts/size/duration of the first packets from
that avi file, both with standard AVSTREAM_PARSE_TIMESTAMPS and with
AVSTREAM_PARSE_NONE (you have to edit the avi demuxer to disable it from
start).

Joakim