[FFmpeg-devel] flac_compute_autocorr_sse2 not pic-safe

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Dec 5 22:40:11 CET 2007

Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> writes:

> Benoit Fouet wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:

>>> Can we get a non-top-post-fucked up version of this as well?
>>>

>> i am not competent enough to deal with the correctness of the proposed
>> patch, but i can tell that the problem is reproduced (see traces in
>> attached file)
>>

>> i386/h264dsp_mmx.c:1360: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer
> will break strict-aliasing
>
> Addendum, strict-aliasing breakages should be avoided...

Indeed they should.  I once spent a disassembling some MIPS code to
find an aliasing violation having unexpected effects.

That said, these warnings are probably a harmless result of the
DECLARE_ALIGNED macro.  Getting rid of them would still be welcome, of
course.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com