[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg on SH4

Tamas Selmeci tselmeci
Mon Dec 10 13:39:36 CET 2007

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 11:02:09AM +0100, Tamas Selmeci wrote:
> [...]
>> I don't understand. Do you have an idea?
>
> What compiler are you using?

sh4-linux-gcc (gcc-4.1.1) from official STLinux distribution.

> Are you sure it isn't possibly a buggy
> version?

I'm pretty sure... because the compiler of STLinux-2.3 (gcc-4.2.1) and
my own toolchain with gcc-3.4.6 also produced the same thing...

> Did you run your application on x86 and compare (and check for
> uninitialized stuff using valgrind)?

I used to run on x86 but not now...  the kernel printed sometimes such
messages, like "Fixing up unaligned userspace access..." that's why I
though of memory problems. My first experiments with leaving the
optimization and using -fPIC were successful, but today it turned out,
that's not enough. Now it _seems_, that -fno-strict-aliasing helps, but
will turn out when the entire program is recovered. Nowhere on the web I
was able to find meaningful information on this.

Bye,
--
Tamas Selmeci