[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Defining ARCH_* through compiler's macros

Ismail Dönmez ismail
Tue Dec 11 18:35:44 CET 2007

Tuesday 11 December 2007 19:32:51 tarihinde M?ns Rullg?rd ?unlar? yazm??t?:
> Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
> > It's not complete yet but I'd rather ask now and get it shot down rather
> > than completing it and having to scratch it after spending too much time
> > on it.
> >
> > The attached file is just a proposal, not complete nor probably accurate
> > at the moment, to set the ARCH_* variables through the use of compiler's
> > macros (at least gcc, icc and if I recall correctly sun's cc provide
> > enough of them).
> The ARCH_* variables are needed by the makefiles as well, so we still
> need to set them in configure, and there's no point doing it differently
> for the compiler.

I think the reason for this is to make more ffmpeg headers installable.

Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.