[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Installing libavutil's crc.h?

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Dec 11 23:45:16 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 11:23:26PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 07:35:20PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 04:30:25PM +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
> > >
> > > So okay for bswap.h there's the configh dependency that disallows from
> > > installing it (but I'm still thinking how to get over the dep, maybe
> > > I'll provide a patch to use unifdef).
> > >
> > > For crc.h is there something else stopping it from being installed?
> >
> > This sounds backwards to me.  Headers should not be installed without a
> > good reason.
>
> is it not enogh that its needed to use the crc code in libavuitl? its a
> mere oversight that it isnt installed

It is a good enough reason.

I'm thinking that we could solve the LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_INT issue by
switching the condition around, i.e.:

#if LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_INT  < (50<<16)
extern AVCRC *av_crcEDB88320;
extern AVCRC *av_crc04C11DB7;