[FFmpeg-devel] Make ffmpeg.c and ffplay.c use avctx->request_channels

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Dec 12 19:26:06 CET 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 05:32:51PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 02:32:57PM +0100, Andreas ?man wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > >
> > > you assume that every codec with >2 chans can downmix this is likely not the
> > > case
> > > a CODEC_CAP_DOWNMIX could be added or just check the channels number after
> > > avcodec_open()
> >
> > Hm, yes, this is not so good.
> >
> > Another option is to make request_channels 'advisory' only.
>
> it is just advisory (=many codecs ignore it currently)
> codecs which fail hard due to request_chan could be changed ...

I considered it obvious that a variable named "request_channels" is only
meant as a hint to the decoder.
If that seems not obvious to you please extend/add a comment to it...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger