[FFmpeg-devel] Ffmpeg-based project

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Dec 13 22:30:06 CET 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 05:15:11PM +0100, Thom Johansen wrote:
> Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> > M?ns Rullg?rd a ?crit :
> >> While waiting to be added to the list, feel free to send us
> >> patches for whatever changes you've made.
> >>
> > Is the "feel free" polite or sarcastic? While I admit I didnt look long,
> > I found neither a link to ffmpeg.org nor the ffmpeg sources, modified or
> > not, on their website.
>
> Are we supposed to put a link to your site on our front page
> or something?

no, please calm down, noone asked for that, michel just couldnt find the
source and asked where it is
about LGPL compliance, i have no reason to belive that rockbox wouldnt
comply, source is there, even if some people failed to find it
simply googling for "rockbox source" and using the first link works
the source contains a COPYING file in the directory of ffmpeg which
IMO qualifies as informing the user about his rights under the LGPL

PS: yes we of course would be very happy to receive clean and nicely
(per feature) split patches from rockbox

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. -- Voltaire