[FFmpeg-devel] wmv to wmv

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Dec 14 19:49:13 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 07:03:38PM +0100, Jerome Jerome wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to convert wmv to wmv, and avi to wmv, it always create a fake wmv (a mpeg renamed .wmv) so it doesnt work with windows media.
> wmv is asf, how can i make ffmpeg to work with that.
> Also whats the latest version of ffmpeg ?

this is the wrong mailinglist for user questions even more so
incomplete nonsense ones, go read bugreports.html and follow it
NEVER post anything to any ffmpeg mailing list without proviing the
information requested in bugreports.html!

also ffmpeg does not create fake wmv unless you ask it to do so
ffmpeg -i tests1.avi-44.42 test.wmv
ffmpeg -i test.wmv
Input #0, asf, from 'test.wmv':
          ^^^
file test.wmv
test.wmv: Microsoft ASF

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato