[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] missing close/free functions for avformat?

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Sat Dec 15 18:21:40 CET 2007

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 05:28:51PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
>> Hello,
>> unless I missed something there are no corresponding close/free
>> functions for av_alloc_format_context and av_open_input_stream.
>> But these are part of the public API, what use are they if there
>> is no proper way in freeing the allocated memory...
>> It actually seems to me that almost everything except the url_fclose
>> should go into a av_free_format_context, do you agree with that?
>
> have you tried:
>
> av_open_input_stream()    - av_close_input_file

This doesn't seem to work because av_close_input_file call url_fclose.
see [1].
av_close_input_file works with playing with AVFMT_NOFILE flags. But
AFAIK user are not supposed to play with this flag.

Matthieu

[1]http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/13950