[FFmpeg-devel] [ffmpeg-devel] issue with decoding h.264 video from tandberg encoder

Jeff Downs heydowns
Mon Dec 17 21:01:20 CET 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Ivan Ng wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Interestingly, I had no problems with the decoding for quite a lot of
> H.264 video (as in no artifacts or jitter in the displayed video) even
> when the message
>
> [h264 @ 0x844a910]Interlaced pictures + spatial direct mode is not implemented

Yes. I have such samples as well.

> was reported. But with the H.264 video from the Tandberg encoder, the
> decoded video was crappy. So I am wondering what's the difference
> between those interlaced video. Did you see the artifacts and jitter in
> the video when you play them back?

I am guessing it is more agressive use of this (unimplemented) area of
h264.

> Sorry for my reposting. I would want to be more patient, but the
> deadline for my project delivery is around the corner. If this cannot be
> resolved in libavcodec in the short term, I would need to turn to
> something else. I don't mind paying money as long I can get those H.264
> video from the Tandberg encoder decoded properly in order to save my ass :-)

I would not expect this to be implemented anytime soon. People have been
asking about it for months, but no one is working on it as far as I know.

By the way, please do not top post (see mailing list info on ffmpeg web
site).

	-Jeff