[FFmpeg-devel] .trp file format

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Dec 19 15:40:12 CET 2007

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 03:20:35PM +0100, sanados wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > with latest svn:
> > ffmpeg -vcodec h264 -i test.trp
> > works
> >
> > and with
> > ffmpeg -vcodec h264 -i test.trp -vcodec copy -acodec copy test.ts
> > you maybe can repair the file
> >
> > [...]
> >

> works like a charm .... kinda ... manged to get audio from file.
> only cpl of frames left in resulting video.
> (my guess is that the example is just plain faulty ...)

iam pretty sure you do not use latest svn of ffmpeg (provide full uncut
output if something doesnt work ... always provide full uncut output
when in doubt ...)

also your mencoder is ancient, get latest SVN of it!

[...]
> sanados at canino:~/Desktop/trp_sample$ mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc
> test.ts -o test_neu.ts
> MEncoder 2:1.0~rc2-0ubuntu1~gutsy1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team

and -o .ts will not produce a ts file with mencoder but an avi!

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable