[FFmpeg-devel] Detecting the size of a video before encoding it...

Ferran Gil ferrangil
Fri Dec 21 12:17:11 CET 2007

Hi all,
I'm encoding lots of videos for a website, using Drupal, and I'm encoding
each video to the original resolution (then, the flash player fits the
video...)

The problem is that I want to use the -s param just when the original video
size is, lets say, 1280 pixels, but not when it's 320x240....

The idea is to just change the resolution for the really big videos, like
limiting the video size to 848 or 720 px...

I'm not sure if it's the correct mailing list.
Any suggestion will be welcomed!
Thanks

ferran