[FFmpeg-devel] Audio Video Merge not in Sync - possible bug?

BtT spam
Sun Dec 23 23:27:05 CET 2007

Hi

I'm trying to convert my avchd files to something readable, but I'm
always stuck in having two files or Audio not in sync.

Example:
00009.mts
-------------
Splitting the file
xporthdmv -h 00009.mts 1 1 1
convert video file to yuv
ldecod -i bits0001.mpv -o 00009.mts.yuv
rename audio file to ac3
mv bits0001.mpa 00009.mts.ac3
merging the two files in an avi file
ffmpeg -r pal -s 1440x1080 -i 00009.mts.yuv -i 00009.mts.ac3 -acodec
copy -vcodec libx264 -sameq -aspect 16:9 -b 15000k -deinterlace
00009.mts.avi
-------------

now when I start "mplayer 00009.mts.avi" then the audio is out of sync
BUT when I start "mplayer 00009.mts.avi -audiofile 00009.mts.ac3" the
audio is perfectly in sync. I tried converting only the audio, only the
video, both, none .. but no matter what I do, if I merge them with
ffmpeg or mencoder(svn) which should be more or less the same, the audio
moves out of sync(runs slower than the video).

The files:
original:	http://www.bentheten.com/cx7/00009.mts
conv. a/v:	http://www.bentheten.com/cx7/00009.mts.avi
audio only:	http://www.bentheten.com/cx7/00009.mts.ac3

I hope this belongs to the developer list.

Thanks
Ben