[FFmpeg-devel] libossupport status

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Dec 27 11:38:17 CET 2007

Hi Fran?ois,

Fran?ois Revol wrote:
[...]
>>> I see that there are different opinions about this include... I
>>> posted a
>>> version of the patch which uses "#include "os_support.h"", and a
>>> version
>>> that does not require it. Let's see how the discussion evolves...
>> Whatever header crap is needed from ossupport, it can be in the
>> replacement headers ossupport supplies for broken operating systems.
>> There's no need for "os_support.h"
>>

> As long as it doesn't break the BeOS build and I can finally put in the
> required fixes I'm ok with moving all off that one.
I admit I am completely ignorant about BeOS (is it possible to
cross-compile BeOS programs from linux? If yes, where can I find some
documents/howtos about this?). Since I could not test the BeOS build, I
am pretty sure that the patch I posted will break it... Can you have a
look at the version of libossupport I sent, and tell me the changes
needed to restore the BeOS support?
(I hope the approach I took can be easily adapted to support BeOS and
other OSs).

> Btw there is still a setmode() call somewhere which is totally non
> POSIX.
Good catch... What is it supposed to do? Which OSs need it?

			Thanks,
				Luca