[FFmpeg-devel] libossupport status

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Dec 27 11:52:36 CET 2007

Hi Rich,

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 02:50:55PM +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
>> BTW, where can I find more info about the Linux bug you are citing?
[...]
> It affects UDP only and it's a WONTFIX because the Linux developers
> are assholes who don't care that they introduced a DoS bug through
> their nonconformance when fixing it would negate their meaningless
> 0.1% contrived-benchmark gains.
>
> For info read the maradns list archives.
Ok, thanks for the info; I'll have a look.

>> I see that there are different opinions about this include... I posted a
>> version of the patch which uses "#include "os_support.h"", and a version
>> that does not require it. Let's see how the discussion evolves...
>
> Whatever header crap is needed from ossupport, it can be in the
> replacement headers ossupport supplies for broken operating systems.
> There's no need for "os_support.h"
I am having a problem with function that are supposed to be declared in
a standard header provided by the OS, but are actually not there...
Where should I put the function prototype?

Example: usleep(). It is supposed to be defined in unistd.h, but mingw
provides a version of unistd.h in which usleep() is not defined... I
cannot provide a unistd.h in libossupport, because in this way I would
prevent the inclusion of mingw's unistd.h (ok, a possible solution would
be to use #include_next, but that's non-standard).

So, how can we fix this problem?

			Thanks,
				Luca