[FFmpeg-devel] libossupport status

Rich Felker dalias
Fri Dec 28 00:59:19 CET 2007

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 06:33:05PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:
>
> > Anyway, prototyping usleep is useless. It will work fine without a
> > prototype.
>
> It will only work until someone uses it with a float or wrong-sized
> int as argument.  Prototypes exist for a reason.  Do not ignore it.

Again, the code in question is support for a broken platform. On any
nonbroken platform, the prototypes will exist. If the argument does
happen to have the wrong size I suppose strange windows-only bugs
could result, but very little code in ffmpeg has legitimate use for
usleep anyway... Actually I wonder why it's used at all.

> If I didn't already have them, this would give me serious doubts about
> that C library you claim to be working on...

Cheap shots like this are really out of place and off-topic here.
You're welcome to RTFS and judge the code rather than jumping to
conclusions. FYI I build with -Werror and warnings on missing function
declarations.

Rich