[Ffmpeg-devel] Screen frame grabbing for Win32 platform

Ramiro Polla angustia
Thu Feb 1 20:52:35 CET 2007

GISQUET Christophe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the patch attached adds support for frame grabbing of the Windows
> desktop. It follows what I found and understood from the x11 frame
> grabber, therefore it is implemented as a demuxer. I have only tested
> it under mingw.

You beat me to it... I wrote the exact same thing, but I'm waiting on
the new grabbing interface to be commited to send the patch. (The same
way I'm waiting for
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-January/051630.html
to send a patch for network support on Windows and fix that annoying
HAVE_CLOSESOCKET error).

It's somewhat different. At the moment, it has no error checking, and
does not FindWindow. Only takes the desktop. We could merge the best
from both...

Ramiro Polla