[Ffmpeg-devel] compressed v4l2 images

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Feb 6 08:57:02 CET 2007

Hi Ramiro,

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 22:32 -0200, ramiro at lisha.ufsc.br wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a webcam running the zc0301 driver. On the VIDIOC_S_FMT ioctl call,
> it always sets the pixel format to V4L2_PIX_FMT_JPEG.
Good! Someone with similar hardware can help in testing and implementing
support for compressed v4l2 formats ;-)

> The current code doesn't take into account when the pixel format is
> changed on that call.
> Also, it doesn't support the compressed JPEG stream even if the pixel
> format is changed according to the result of the ioctl.
Well, since I had no access to hardware generating compressed v4l2
streams, I decided to postpone the support for such feature

>  What's the best way to make it support compressed JPEG?
>
> Just check for compressed and set appropriate codec_id?
I have a dirty and half-working patch (at least, I had report of some
kind of "half-success" with it) at home. I think it can be a good
starting point... I'll post it this evening.

			Thanks,
				Luca