[Ffmpeg-devel] [Bug] h264 decoder crash (sample included)

Hervé W. H.O.W.aka.V+ffmpeg
Wed Feb 7 17:55:06 CET 2007

On 07/02/07, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski  wrote:

> > I am sorry, but i tried to safe as much up- and download bandwith as i do
> > not have a very good connection.
>
> And *we* do not have tools to decompress proprietary compression formats.
> Please use bzip2/gzip/zip next time if you must. How much have you saved
> by using 7zip, by the way?

http://p7zip.sourceforge.net/  for a linux compatible implementation.
and the default compression method of 7zip is LZMA.
"LZMA compression algorithm is very suitable for embedded
applications. LZMA is released under the terms of the GNU LGPL"

I agree that bzip2, gzip or no further compression would've been
better, but I don't think "proprietary" applies in this case.

-V