[Ffmpeg-devel] about ff_check_alignment()

Mario Rossi mariofutire
Sun Feb 11 21:07:19 CET 2007

On 2/11/07, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:
> > on recent (anything after and including the pentium 1) x86
> > -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 is the absolute minimum
> > on cpus with SSE* or altivec or similar SIMD instruction sets 4 is needed
>
> Just a thought... why not add it to default CFLAGS then?
> Something along the lines of
> check_cflags -mpreferred-stack-boundary=4
> in configure.

I've tried to remove ALL

-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2

from xine's Makefiles and the warning disappears.

I've tried to remove ONLY the ones under libffmeg but it looked like
it was not enough... (I could be wrong on this last point).

I will try a bit more and then write to xine mailing list.

Thanks