[Ffmpeg-devel] Stream file handle hijacking by another thread

Stas Oskin stas.oskin
Sun Feb 11 22:02:00 CET 2007

Hi.

> If you get this you obviously have not.
> You get this message only if the sum of threads executing one of either
> avcodec_open or avcodec_close is > 1.

Apparently you were right - the high-level threading library I'm using
(GNU Common C++ 2) has issues with mutex locking. On short testing
app, with detection mechanism similar to libavcodec, it clearly failed
to lock some of code critical sections.

I would never think in this direction, if libavcodec and you hadn't
poke my nose there...

About the solution for this, is anyone familiar with good and reliable
high level threading library? Something like Boost::Threads but more
light and easy to use?

Stas.