[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] dlopen vs linking for external libraries

François Revol revol
Mon Feb 12 23:19:25 CET 2007

> "Fran?ois Revol" <revol at free.fr> writes:
>
> >> This topic just came up while talking with Mans on IRC..
> >>
> >> Currently we have two different methods of integrating external
> >> libraries: dlopen or (dynamic) linking.  Or rather some libs offer
> >> one
> >> option or the other or both.  libfaad supports both variants,
> > > liba52
> >> just dlopen after my last changes, the others just linking.
> >>

> > Btw, ffserver lacks a -ldl for platform where it is needed, and has
> > some other missing refs. This should help.
>
> What does ffserver need libdl for?

#ifdef HAVE_DLOPEN
            load_module(arg);
#else

No idea if any module exists yet, still, if dlopen is detected and
inside a libdl ffserver will not link (everyone should really always
use -no-undefined, dammit!).

So, should I ?

Fran?ois.